Wild, wild AFC
The AFC wild-card race has four teams still in the running – Ravens, Dolphins, Chargers and Steelers. None can earn the spot outright with a victory on Sunday.
• Miami (8-7) must beat the Jets (7-8) and have Baltimore (8-7) lose or tie at Cincinnati (10-5); or win and have San Diego (8-7) win against Kansas City (11-4); or tie and have Baltimore lose and San Diego lose or tie; or tie while the Ravens tie and Chargers tie.
• Baltimore must win and have San Diego lose or tie; or win and have Miami lose or tie; or tie and have Miami and San Diego lose; or tie and have Miami tie and San Diego lose; or have Miami, San Diego and Pittsburgh (7-8) lose.
• The Chargers must win and get losses or ties by Miami and Baltimore, or tie, with losses by Miami and Baltimore.
• Pittsburgh must win at home against Cleveland (4-11) and have the other three lose.
• The AFC division titles already are decided, with Denver (12-3) taking the West, New England (11-4) the East, Indianapolis (10-5) the South and Cincinnati (10-5) the North.