Here are the answers to this week’s news quiz:
1. B. Cami Bradley placed sixth this fall in the “America’s Got Talent” competition.
2. C. An infiltration swale will replace the asphalt causeway in the middle of Country Homes Boulevard. It will cleanse runoff water as it soaks into the ground.
3. A. The Obama administration extended the deadline for signing up for insurance by one day.
4. A. Roskelley will receive the Piolet d’Or (Golden Ice Axe) in Chamonix, France, in March. He is known for many different climbs in Nepal, India and Pakistan, achieved without supplemental oxygen.
5. D. About 70 percent of Spokane residents put their blue recycling bins out for collection each week.
On the Web: Now that you’ve warmed up your news sense, try your hand at our online quiz at www.spokesman.com/newsquiz, where top entries go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets. To give our newspaper readers a boost, some of the questions in this quiz also appear online.
Last week’s winners are Karen Harting, of Chewelah, Wash., who won the Davenport gift card, and Bob Springli, of Hayden, who won the movie tickets.