If you followed the news last week, and maybe even if you didn’t, you could be a winner in our weekly news quiz.
Warm up your news memory by taking the newspaper version of the quiz, then go online to www.spokesman. com/newsquiz for the online version, where top entries go into a drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel and all entries go into a drawing for movie tickets.
1. Spokane singer and songwriter Cami Bradley is eager to see where her career will go after appearing on “America’s Got Talent,” where she placed
2. An asphalt causeway in the middle of Country Homes Boulevard will be replaced by
A. A bike lane
B. A trail
C. An infiltration swale
D. A bus lane
E. An array of sculptures by local artists
3. Anticipating heavy traffic on the government’s health care website, the Obama administration extended the deadline for signing up for insurance by
A. One day
B. One week
C. Two weeks
D. One month
E. Two months
4. Spokane mountaineer John Roskelley will receive a lifetime honor from a French magazine in March. What’s the award called?
A. The Golden Ice Axe
B. The Crystal Carabiner
C. The Platinum Piton
D. The Hillary Award
E. The High Harness
5. Since Spokane residents got their blue recycling carts, participation in the program has jumped to
A. 50 percent
B. 55 percent
C. 60 percent
D. 70 percent
E. 80 percent
Check your work
Find the answers, explanations and last week’s winners on Page B10.
Click here to comment on this story »