February 2, 2013 in News

Fire damages Valley home

 

Four adults and a big shaggy dog escaped unharmed, when a Spokane Valley home was badly damaged by fire.

Firefighters cut through the roof and ceiling to extinguish the fire that was reported about 4 p.m. Saturday at 915 N. Vista Road. Valley Fire Capt. Pat Schaffer said the attic and garage were severely damaged, and the rest of the house was filled with smoke.

The two-bedroom, 550-square-foot house was built in 1943, according to county records. Red Cross was helping the occupants.

Get stories like this in a free daily email


Please keep it civil. Don't post comments that are obscene, defamatory, threatening, off-topic, an infringement of copyright or an invasion of privacy. Read our forum standards and community guidelines.

You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in here or click the comment box below for options.

comments powered by Disqus