Here are the answers to this week’s newspaper edition of That’s News to You.
1. C. Central Valley. This year’s queen, Brett Rountree, is a senior at Central Valley High School. She plans to study chemical engineering at Washington State University.
2. B. A welding accident in December 2000 took the lives of more than 300 people in Luoyang, China.
3. C. Paul Wulff, fired after WSU’s 2011 season, now coaches from the booth for the San Francisco 49ers.
4. B. Bryan Collins was selected from a field of six finalists. He replaces retiring Chief Mike Thompson.
5. D. NBA star Dennis Rodman co-wrote the story of Dennis, a bull who is captured from his family and forced to live with other bulls in a rodeo.
Now that you’ve warmed up your news sense, try the online version of the quiz at www.spokesman.com/newsquiz. Top entries to the online quiz go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets and four tickets to the EWU-Utah men’s basketball game on Feb. 16. To give you a leg up, two of these questions are included in the online quiz.
Last week’s winners are Carleen Wickstrom, of Spokane, who won the Davenport gift card; Michelle Lippert, of Post Falls, who won the EWU/Montana basketball game tickets; and Simon Palmer, of Hayden, who won the movie tickets.