That’s News to You answers
Here are answers to this week’s newspaper edition of That’s News to You:
1. D. Under legislation introduced this week, it would remain illegal to bring marijuana from a state where it’s legal to one where it isn’t.
2. A. The snake, the animal symbolizing the Chinese New Year this year, last made an appearance in 2001.
3. D. The system can’t handle plastic bags, light bulbs are “garbage” and packing peanuts just take up space in your garbage cart.
4. B. As president and chief executive at Recreational Equipment Inc., Sally Jewell helped the company earn a place on Fortune magazine’s list of “Best Places to Work.”
5. C. Tyler Bruggman scared the Cougs when he flirted with signing with Arizona State. Ultimately, the Brophy Prep prospect assumed his role as the gem of coach Mike Leach’s 24-player recruiting class at Washington State.
Now that you’ve warmed up your news sense, try the online version of the quiz at www.spokesman.com/newsquiz. Top entries to the online quiz go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets and four tickets to an upcoming EWU men’s basketball game. To give you a leg up, two of these questions are included in the online quiz.
Last week’s winners are Annie Gannon, of Spokane Valley, who won the Davenport gift card; Bill Peabody, of Spokane, who won the EWU/Southern Utah game tickets; and Weldon Havercroft, of Rathdrum, who won the movie tickets.