That’s News to You answers
Here are the answers to this week’s newspaper edition of That’s News To You:
1. C. The Herbal Connection’s door features a snowman, but not just any snowman; it’s “a happy snowman,” according to our story.
2. B. About 38 percent of the religious community is Catholic. That’s about 57,187 people, compared with 12,573 Catholics in Kootenai County.
3. D. A civil suit filed by the Creach family has enough evidence to warrant a jury trial, U.S. District Court Judge Rosanna M. Peterson ruled, for violation of civil rights, wrongful death and excessive force.
4. A. Warmer weather means it’s cleaning season for Spokane Transit Authority’s 107 bus shelters, but the shelter at the Riverpoint campus is the cleanest, maintenance worker Damon Myers said.
5. B. Owens said he had a lump in his stomach all morning when he heard the International Olympic Committee decided to drop wrestling from the Olympic Summer Games starting in 2020.
Now that you’ve warmed up your news sense, try the online version at spokesman.com/newsquiz. Top entries to the online quiz go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets and four tickets to an upcoming EWU men’s basketball game. To give you a leg up, two of these questions are included in the online quiz.
Last week’s winners are Adrianna Marsh, of Spokane, who won the Davenport gift card; Eleanore McKenna, of Spokane, who won the EWU/Northern Colorado game tickets; and Doris Butler, of Spokane, who won the movie tickets.