If you’ve followed the news this week, or even if you haven’t, you could be a winner in our weekly news quiz. Warm up by taking the newspaper edition, then try your hand at our online version at spokesman.com/ newsquiz, where you could win a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, tickets to an EWU basketball game or movie tickets.
1. The Herbal Connection, located in the historic Garland District, is currently selling medical marijuana with hopes of expanding into the recreational market. What imagery is painted on its front door?
A. A marijuana leaf
B. Bob Marley
C. A snowman
D. A joint-smoking marmot
2. What percentage of the churchgoing community in Spokane County is Catholic?
D. Can’t fool me. That kind of information is not collected by churches.
3. On what claim is the family of the late W. Scott Creach suing Spokane County and sheriff’s Deputy Brian Hirzel?
A. Violation of Creach’s civil rights
B. Wrongful death
C. Excessive force
D. All of the above
4. Where are the cleanest bus shelters in Spokane County, according to Spokane Transit Authority staff?
A. Riverpoint campus
B. STA Plaza
C. Northern Quest Casino
D. Liberty Lake Park and Ride
5. What had Central Valley High School wrestling coach John Owen so shocked last week?
A. His team scored poorly at a recent tournament.
B. Wrestling will be dropped from the Olympic Games.
C. The school district dropped the sport.
D. A player was disqualified for a championship win.
Check your work
Find the answers and last week’s winners on page B3.