That’s News to You answers
Here are the answers to this week’s newspaper edition of That’s News to You:
1. B. Singer was the third generation in his family to run Dutch’s Inc., which has been in business for 98 years.
2. D. Elias Harris is a senior at GU and does not yet have his undergraduate degree.
3. A. Not included in the list of projects to be funded through the package is the Alaskan Way Viaduct tunnel replacement in Seattle.
4. B. This first-step work crafted a human-shaped ear that grew with cartilage from a cow, easier to obtain than human cartilage, especially the uniquely flexible kind that makes up ears.
5. C. The single-walled tank, designated as T-111, has about 447,000 gallons of highly toxic transuranic waste, mostly sludge. It is leaking at a rate of about 150 to 300 gallons a year, a rate that is hard to detect.
Now that you’ve warmed up your news sense, try the online version of the quiz at spokesman.com/newsquiz. Top entries to the online quiz go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets and four tickets to an upcoming EWU men’s basketball game. To give you a leg up, two of these questions are included in the online quiz.
Last week’s winners are Ryan Barbieri, of Spokane Valley, who won the Davenport gift card; Richard O’Brien, of Spokane, who won the EWU game tickets; and Weldon Diane Kelly-Riley, of Potlatch, Idaho, who won the movie tickets.