That’s NEWS to You quiz
If you kept up with the news last week – or even if you didn’t – you could be a winner in our weekly news quiz. Test your memory with our newspaper version, then go online to spokesman.com/newsquiz to take the interactive quiz. Top entries to the online quiz go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets and four tickets to an upcoming EWU men’s basketball game.
1. Local businessman Gary Singer died Feb. 15 at age 66. He owned and operated what business?
A. Music City
B. Dutch’s Pawn Shop
C. Pawn One
D. Double Eagle Pawn
2. Gonzaga moved up to No. 3. in the national college basketball polls. Which of the following Zags does not already have an undergraduate degree?
A. Kelly Olynyk
B. Mike Hart
C. Drew Barham
D. Elias Harris
3. Which project was left out of the revenue package unveiled by the Washington state House Transportation Committee?
A. The Alaskan Way Viaduct
B. The Columbia River Crossing
C. Interstate 405 High Occupancy Toll lanes from Bellevue to Renton
D. A new 144-car ferry
4. Researchers unveiled the first step toward growing customized body parts using a 3-D printer and injections of living cells. What body part was chosen for this groundbreaking technology?
5. A new leak was discovered in a waste storage tank at the Hanford Nuclear Reservation, officials announced Feb. 15. At what rate did officials estimate the tank is leaking?
A. 1,500 to 3,000 gallons a year
B. 2,500 to 4,000 gallons a year
C. 150 to 300 gallons a year
D. 250 to 400 gallons a year
Check your work
Find the answers and last week’s winners on page B3.