Have an item for Business Beat? Send it to businessbeat@ spokesman.com.
• DesaRae Maybee has been hired as a staff accountant for Embassy Management, LLC. She is a certified public accountant and has accounting experience.
• Numerica Credit Union hired Rob Stephens as vice president of finance for the company’s Spokane Valley location. Stephens previously served as director of operations for Washington Trust Bank and has more than 13 years of financial industry experience. He is a certified public accountant.
• Embassy Management, LLC has hired Jason Sorge as a controller. He previously worked in the banking and technology industries.
• Dr. Susan Ashley has earned advanced certification in anti-aging and regenerative medicine from the American Board of Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine. Ashley is owner and CEO of Family Medicine Liberty Lake and Healthy Living Liberty Lake.
• The American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics and Pedorthics Inc. presented Valley Prosthetics and Orthotics in Spokane Valley with a Three-Year Accreditation Award.
• Witherspoon Kelley law firm in Spokane has been named to the “Best Law Firms” list published by U.S. News Best Lawyers.
• Quisenberry has hired Megan Lauterbach as an account coordinator. She previously worked for Kelly/Brady Advertising Agency.
• Miriam Woodard has earned a certified employee benefit specialist designation from the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans and the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. Woodard is a client compliance consultant for VEBA Service Group, a division of Gallagher Benefit Services Inc.
• The Rocky Mountain Association of Fairs inducted Barbara Renner into its Hall of Fame for her achievements and contributions to the fair industry. Renner is a retired manager of the North Idaho Fair and Rodeo.
• Community Cancer Services and Bonner Partners in Care received $30,570 from Schweitzer Mountain Resort. The funds were raised during Schweitzer’s annual Community Day event.
• The Professional Photographers of Washington named Keith Currie to its board of directors. Currie is owner of Keith Currie Photography in Spokane.
• Julie Morin has been hired as a membership account executive for Greater Spokane Incorporated. She previously worked for Bozzi Media as a senior account executive. The organization also hired Kaitlin Pallardy as events director and Tammy Tracy as membership director. Pallardy previously served as event sales manager at Arbor Crest Wine Cellars. Tracy previously worked for the Lincoln Center as sales and marketing director.
• The following individuals have been appointed as 2013-’14 board of directors for the Inland Northwest Land Trust: president, Rob Hawley of US Bank; vice president, Andrew Schultheis of Sterling Savings Bank; secretary, Brenda McCracken of Spokane Community College; and treasurer, Keith Schmidt of McDirmid, Mikkelsen and Secrest PS. The organization also elected Greg Embrey as a new board member. Embrey is a partner attorney with Witherspoon Kelley.
• Evergreen Realty has named Rob Nova manager of the company’s office at the village on Schweitzer Mountain. Nova has been with Evergreen Realty for eight years and previously served as general manager of Schweitzer Mountain Resort.
• Steven Tucker has been appointed as a member of the Spokane Regional Transportation Council’s Transportation Advisory Committee for a three-year term.