That’s News to you answers
Here are the answers for this week’s quiz.
1. B. Read patented a device for holding children who don’t have yards or patios or nearby parks to play in. As columnist Shawn Vestal reported last week, somehow it never caught on.
2. A. Initiative 522 would require genetically modified food products sold in Washington to be labeled. I-522 will go first to the Legislature. If it doesn’t pass there, it will go on the November ballot.
3. D. The new minimum wage in Washington is $9.19 an hour, up from $9.04. The minimum wage in Idaho remains $7.25.
4. A. They’re tracking aphids in an effort to prevent viruses that can destroy peas and lentils.
5. C. The Seahawks finished the regular season at 11-5, the best since their 13-3 record in ’05.
Now that you’ve had a little practice, try the online interactive version of That’s News to You at spokesman.com/newsquiz, where top entries go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets and EWU basketball tickets. To give our newspaper readers a leg up, two of these questions appear in the online quiz.
Last week’s winners are Marissa Martin, of Seattle, who won a $100 gift card from the Davenport for the special end-of-the-year quiz, and Marshall Smith, of Spokane, who won Spokane Chiefs tickets.