Local news

Fire damages home on 29th Ave.

A family was burned out of their home in a kitchen fire that erupted on Saturday afternoon, Spokane firefighters said.

Firefighters stopped the 3:14 p.m. blaze in one apartment of a duplex structure at 1306 E. 29th Ave.

All occupants escaped the home without injury. The Red Cross is assisting the family that was burned out.

No injuries were reported. A total of 20 firefighters in eight rigs responded to the blaze.

The fire department estimated that the damage will amount to about $40,000. A cooking fire was blamed as the cause.



Click here to comment on this story »







Sections


Profile

Contact the Spokesman

Main switchboard:
(509) 459-5000
Customer service:
(800) 338-8801
Newsroom:
(509) 459-5400
(800) 789-0029
Back to Spokesman Mobile