That’s News to you answers
Here are the answers to this week’s newspaper version of That’s News to You:
1. C. The Advocate ranks Spokane third, between Springfield, Mass., and Washington, D.C. Tacoma was first and Seattle fifth.
2. C. “Apollo 13: Mission Control” is about the mission that developed problems on the way to the moon in 1970.
3. D. Duncan waived the appeal of his three death-penalty sentences in 2008. He was ruled competent to make that decision, but a hearing wasn’t held in open court where each side could cross-examine the other’s witnesses.
4. B. In Spokane County, about one in 15 people has a concealed pistol permit, which is the same as Pierce County.
5. E. The Hawks hadn’t won a road playoff game since beating Miami on Dec. 31, 1983.
Now that you’ve jogged your memory, try our online version of That’s News to You, where top entries each week are placed in a drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week will go into two drawings, one for five tickets to the annual RV show and the other for four tickets to the EWU-Portland State men’s basketball game. You’ll have a leg up for the online quiz, because two of these questions appear there.
Last week’s winners are Cathyanne Nonini, of Coeur d’Alene, who won the Davenport gift card; LeeAnn Reed, of Spokane, who won movie tickets; and Sheila Volpone, of Chattaroy, who won tickets to the EWU-Sacramento State game.