That’s NEWS to You quiz
If you followed the news closely last week – or even if you didn’t – you could be a winner in our weekly news quiz. Try your news sense with the newspaper version, then go online for our interactive quiz at spokesman.com/ newsquiz. Top entries in the online quiz go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a pair of drawings, one for five tickets to the annual RV show and another for tickets to the EWU-Portland State basketball game on Jan. 28.
1. According to the magazine The Advocate, where does Spokane rank on its list of the nation’s “gayest” cities?
E. Can’t fool me. Spokane didn’t make the list.
2. A stage production in Spokane is based on what famous NASA mission?
A. Apollo 11
B. Apollo 12
C. Apollo 13
D. Apollo 14
E. Can’t fool me. It’s one of the space shuttle missions.
3. Joseph Duncan, who has been sentenced to death for murders in Idaho in 2005, was back in court last week. Why?
A. New evidence suggests he didn’t do it.
B. There are questions about tactics the prosecution used in the trial.
C. Idaho’s death penalty statute has been repealed.
D. Attorneys say he wasn’t mentally competent to waive death-penalty appeals.
E. He contends the method of execution is cruel and unusual punishment.
4. Based on the most recent figures, what’s the proportion of people with concealed handgun permits for the Spokane County population?
A. 1 in 10
B. 1 in 15
C. 1 in 20
D. 1 in 25
E. 1 in 30
5. The Seattle Seahawks beat the Washington Redskins to win their first playoff game on the road in how many years?
Check your work
Find the answers and last week’s winners on B3.