That’s NEWS to you
If you’ve followed the news this week, or even if you haven’t, you could be a winner in our weekly news quiz. Warm up by taking the newspaper edition, then try your hand at our online version at spokesman.com/ newsquiz, where you could win a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, tickets to an EWU basketball game or movie tickets.
1. Rep. Ron Mendive, of Coeur d’Alene, received some criticism when he asked an ACLU leader who supports abortion rights if she also supports
A. Capital punishment
B. Smoking marijuana
E. Assisted suicide
2. What Boeing plane was grounded for safety checks last week because of a possible risk of battery fires?
3. Annual home sales in Spokane increased last year for the first time since
E. Can’t fool me. Home sales always increase from one year to the next.
4. As he has since 1986, the Rev. Percy “Happy” Watkins, of Spokane, delivered a rendition of Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech in Spokane. When did King make the speech originally?
5. After years of denials, bicyclist Lance Armstrong admitted he took prohibited drugs during the years he won the Tour de France. To whom did he admit that?
A. Dr. Phil McGraw
B. Oprah Winfrey
C. Katie Couric
D. Ellen DeGeneres
E. Can’t fool me. He did it during testimony to Congress.
Check your work
Find the answers and last week’s winners on Page B10.