The goal of Somebody Needs You is to match donors with the specific requests of needy Spokane residents.
The list of requests is coordinated by the Volunteers of America in cooperation with recognized social service agencies in Spokane. If you have an item to donate, please contact the social service agency directly. Donors who can deliver items are especially appreciated. If someone you know needs help, contact a local social service provider.
• Disabled man needs waterproof midcalf galoshes or overshoes size 9. Elderly disabled man needs a lightweight wheelchair. Contact Lynette, of Catholic Charities, at (509) 487-1304.
• Family of six needs girl’s snowsuit size 2, boy’s snowsuit size 5, and training pants size 2T. Contact Shannon, of Early Head Start, at (509) 475-7018.
• Family of five with developmentally delayed child needs twin bed, toddler bed and chest freezer. Contact MaLea, of West Boone Center Early Head Start, at (509) 279-6907.
• Expectant mother needs baby girl clothes, bedding, baby furniture, doorway jumper and baby toys. Contact Jodel, of Parent-Child Assistance Program, at (509) 838-6092, ext. 326.
• Senior woman needs floor lamp or desk lamp, end table, vacuum cleaner, patio tables and chairs and folding shopping cart. Contact Vivian, of Cathedral Plaza Apartments, at (509) 624-8721.
• Working family expecting second child needs bassinet, couch, entertainment center and table and chairs. Contact Anne, of Early Head Start, at (509) 279-6903.
sponsored Jargon is confusing, by definition. And the financial world has its own set of cryptic words.