Here are the answers to this week’s newspaper edition of That’s News to You.
1. D. It marked the 125th anniversary of Gonzaga’s founding.
2. C. The Central Valley marching band took part in the inaugural parade.
3. B. The ballot measure proposes a property tax of 7 cents per $1,000 of assessed value to improve library services.
4. E. All of those positions are exempt. Idaho is apparently the only state that exempts state legislators.
5. E. Musial played 22 years for the Cardinals.
Now that you’ve warmed up your news sense, try the online version of the quiz at www.spokesman.com/newsquiz. Top entries to the online quiz go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets. To give you a leg up, two of these questions are included in the online quiz.
Last week’s winners are Jen Hamilton, of Spokane, who won the Davenport gift card; Steve Goodmansen, of Post Falls, who won movie tickets; and Albert Root, of Spokane, who won tickets to the EWU-Portland basketball game.