July 1, 2013 in Region

1 dead after overdose at The Gorge

Hospital saw more than 100 overdose patients
Associated Press
 

QUINCY, Wash. — A drug overdose victim died over the weekend and many others were sickened after taking a potent mixture of a drug called “Molly” at The Gorge Amphitheatre.

Steve Dickens, house supervisor at Central Washington Hospital, said several patients, including the one who died, were taken to the medical center in Wenatchee overnight Friday while others were treated at other nearby hospitals. He declined to provide further details early Monday.

“Molly” is a drug that can be similar to ecstasy.

KOMO News in Seattle reports the concert goers fell ill during the Paradiso Festival at the Gorge Amphitheatre, a popular music venue.

Sarina Fahrner, the chief nursing officer at Quincy Valley Medical Center, told KOMO there were more than 100 overdose patients.

The name of the victim who died has not been released.

© Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.


There are 18 comments on this story. Click here to view comments >>

Get stories like this in a free daily email