Here are the answers to this week’s That’s News to You newspaper quiz:
1. A. Carson was among youngsters selected by the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation to thank Congress members for their past support and remind them of the importance of continuing it.
2. C. The Auto Vue Drive-In Theatre in Colville will close in the fall because of the expense of converting to digital-format movies.
3. D. Members of the teams got into a fight during a game. One player had some teeth knocked out and another was taken into police custody.
4. B. The state’s new fiscal year started Monday, and the budget contained the spending authority for many state programs and salaries. Inslee signed the budget around 4 p.m. Sunday, so there were about eight hours before the midnight deadline. That’s not the closest the state has ever cut it, though. In 1991 the budget was signed at 11:58 p.m.
5. B. Olynyk was drafted by the Mavericks but immediately traded to the Celtics for other draft picks and was issued his jersey, No. 41, last week in Boston.
On the Web: Now that you’ve had a chance to warm up your news memory, try our online version of That’s News to You, where top entries go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries go into a drawing for movie tickets. To help our newspaper readers out, some of these questions also appear on the online quiz at www.spokesman.com/ newsquiz.
Last week’s winners are Ryan Barbieri, of Spokane Valley, who won the Davenport gift card, and Susan Betts, of Spokane, who won the movie tickets.