Signed New York Giants star receiver Victor Cruz has signed a five-year contract extension worth $43 million that runs through the 2018 season. Cruz was a restricted free agent with three years in the NFL. Last month, he signed a one-year, $2.879 million tender with the Giants, but a deal was already in the works.
• The Los Angeles Lakers have signed veteran NBA center Chris Kaman to a one-year deal reportedly worth $3.2 million. Kaman played eight seasons in L.A. with the Clippers before spending last year with the Dallas Mavericks.
• The Washington Wizards have signed No. 3 overall draft pick Otto Porter and second-round selection Glen Rice Jr. Porter was expected to sign a deal that could pay him up to $19.4 million over four seasons.
• The New York Knicks signed first-round draft pick Tim Hardaway Jr. to a contract. Hardaway Jr. was the 24th selection in the draft and played at the University of Michigan where he helped lead the Wolverines to the NCAA championship game last season.
• A person with knowledge of the deal says the Golden State Warriors and Marreese Speights have reached an agreement on a free-agent contract.
• The New York Rangers have agreed to terms with restricted free-agent defenseman Ryan McDonagh on a six-year, $28.2 million contract.
• Less than two weeks after winning the Stanley Cup with the Chicago Blackhawks, Viktor Stalberg signed a four-year, $12 million contract with the Nashville Predators, who hope the 27-year-old forward will boost an offense that tied an NHL-low with 2.27 goals per game this past season.
Traded The Denver Nuggets have agreed to separate sign-and-trade deals that will land them guard Randy Foye from the Utah Jazz and send swingman Andre Iguodala to the Golden State Warriors. The Warriors had planned to sign Iguodala to a four-year, $48 million deal as a free agent last week. Instead, the restructured deal will give Golden State more salary cap flexibility, deliver Denver a $9 million trade exception and hand Utah another draft pick.
Freed Dallas Cowboys lineman Josh Brent is out of jail again, but under new conditions that include wearing a drug-detection patch at all times and not driving at all.
Charged LSU running back Jeremy Hill and another man were formally charged in Baton Rouge, La., with misdemeanor simple battery in connection with a late-April scuffle in a bar parking lot.
Sidelined San Antonio Silver Stars guard Becky Hammon has torn the anterior cruciate ligament in her left knee and is likely out for the WNBA season after playing just one game.