That’s News to you answers
Here are the answers to this week’s newspaper quiz:
1. C. The National Interagency Fire Center in Boise said the average wildfire is now five times larger than in the 1980s, and there are more homes in the way.
2. A. The council approved an ordinance that would clarify that firearms aren’t allowed at certain events in public buildings like the Spokane Veterans Memorial Arena or the Convention Center.
3. A. According to a study by the Tax Foundation, Washington’s cellphone taxes rank No. 2 in the nation and Idaho’s rank 48th.
4. B. Integrity First, composed of four former employees of the Sheriff’s Office, is challenging Knezovich on discipline and leadership.
5. D. Murray was the first Brit to win the men’s singles at Wimbledon since Fred Perry in 1936, a gap of 77 years.
On the Web: Now that you’ve had a chance to warm up your news sense, try to win a prize in our online version of That’s News to You by going to www.spokesman.com/newsquiz/. Top entries go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets. To give our newspaper readers a leg up on the competition, some of the questions in today’s newspaper quiz also appear in the online quiz.
Last week’s winners are William Dittman, of Spokane, who won the Davenport gift card, and James Hanley, of Spokane, who won the movie tickets.