If you followed the news last week – or even if you didn’t – you could be a winner in our weekly news quiz.
Try your hand at the newspaper edition of That’s News to You, then go online to www.spokesman.com/ newsquiz to take our interactive quiz where top entries go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets.
1. Wildfires in the West have grown larger and more erratic in the last 30 years. Compared to the 1980s, how many times larger is the average wildfire now?
A. Two times larger
B. Three times larger
C. Five times larger
D. Seven times larger
E. Nine times larger
2. The Spokane City Council approved restrictions on:
A. Guns in certain public buildings
B. Skateboards in parks
C. Bicycles on downtown sidewalks
D. Marijuana in outdoor cafes
E. Can’t fool me. The council wouldn’t consider any of those things.
3. Cellphone taxes vary widely around the country, but for Washington and Idaho residents:
A. Washington’s taxes are among the highest and Idaho’s among the lowest
B. Washington’s taxes are among the lowest and Idaho’s among the highest
C. Washington and Idaho’s cellphone taxes are both among the lowest
D. Washington and Idaho’s cellphone taxes are both among the highest
E. Both state’s cellphone taxes are about in the middle of the list.
4. Integrity First, a new local political committee, is planning a campaign against what elected official?
A. Mayor David Condon
B. Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich
C. County Commissioner Todd Mielke
D. U.S. Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers
E. U.S. Sen. Patty Murray
5. Andy Murray is the first tennis player from Great Britain to win the men’s singles at Wimbledon in how many years?
Check your work
To check your answers and find out last week’s winners, see Page B3.
Click here to comment on this story »