If you followed the news last week – or even if you didn’t – you could be a winner in our weekly news quiz. Try your hand at the newspaper edition of That’s News to You, then go online to spokesman.com/newsquiz to take our interactive quiz, where top entries go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets.
1. What U.S. runner recently tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs?
A. Tyson Gay
B. Usain Bolt
C. Ryan Lochte
D. LeBron James
E. Justin Gatlin
2. Which local mayor recently announced their intent to retire after their current term is up?
A. Spokane Mayor David Condon
B. Coeur d’Alene Mayor Sandi Bloem
C. Cheney Mayor Tom Trulove
D. Post Falls Mayor Clay Larkin
E. Latah Mayor Teresa Galvin
3. Which U.S. city recently announced its bankruptcy?
A. New York
C. Stockton, Calif.
E. Cheyenne, Wyo.
4. Spokane City Councilman Mike Fagan would like to impose more regulations on what type of business?
A. Television stations
B. Espresso stands
C. Boat rentals
D. Door-to-door sales
5. Wolves have been a contentious issue since they were reintroduced to Yellowstone National Park and central Idaho. In what year did this reintroduction take place?
Check your work
To check your answers and find out last week’s winners, see Page B3.
sponsored According to two 2015 surveys, 62 percent of Americans do not have enough savings to handle an unexpected emergency, much less any long-term plans.