That’s News to You answers
Here are the answers to this week’s newspaper quiz:
1. B. Prince George is third in line to the throne, after his grandfather, Prince Charles, and his father, Prince William.
2. B. Spokane County spent about $60,000 a month last year doling out prescription medicine to inmates at Geiger Corrections Center and the Spokane County Jail.
3. D. Murto discovered hip-hop yoga on a business trip to Los Angeles and wanted to have the same intense workout, mixing stretching with a heavy back beat, in Spokane. The new business will be called The Union.
4. A. The legal limit for marijuana use is 5 nanograms per milliliter, measured by a blood sample obtained through a warrant. The charges will now be gross misdemeanors rather than misdemeanors and will be punishable by up to a year in jail and a $5,000 fine.
5. A. Pope Francis was in Brazil on a seven-day visit meant to fan the fervor of the faithful around the globe.
On the Web: Now that you’ve had the chance to warm up your news sense, try to win a prize in our online version of That’s News to You by going to spokesman.com/newsquiz. Top entries go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets. To give our newspaper readers a leg up on the competition, some of the questions in today’s newspaper quiz also appear in the online quiz.
Last week’s winners are Michelle Lippert, of Post Falls, who won the Davenport gift card, and Carol Capra, of Spokane, who won the movie tickets.