If you followed the news last week – or even if you didn’t – you could be a winner in our weekly news quiz. Try your hand at the newspaper edition, then go online to www.spokesman.com/newsquiz to take the interactive version, where top entries go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all go into a drawing for two movie tickets.
1. Henry VI became king of England when he was 9 months old in 1422. While nobody expects the new Prince George to be king anytime soon, William and Kate’s royal baby has captivated the world. What place is the new prince in line for the throne?
E. Can’t fool me. He’s not in line for the throne until he’s 18.
2. How much money did Spokane County spend per month in 2012 on prescription medication for inmates?
C. $1 million
E. Nothing. Inmates must provide their own.
3. Nick Murto and Tyler Lafferty are two up-and-coming Spokane entrepreneurs. They have launched Method Juice Cafe, Good Oats, a pair of digital ad agencies, an online photo business and a Web business for matching professionals with schools. What is their next project?
A. An organic grocery store
B. An indie record label
C. A guns and ammunition store
D. A hip-hop yoga and spinning studio
E. A research company seeking to develop a desktop cold fusion reactor
4. A change in Washington state law taking effect today ups the penalty for boating under the influence of alcohol or drugs and includes limits for marijuana intoxication. What is the legal limit of THC, its active ingredient, in the blood while boating?
A. 5 nanograms of THC per milliliter
B. 1 nanogram of THC per deciliter
C. 100 nanograms of THC per liter
D. 20 nanograms of THC per centiliter
E. 10 nanograms of THC per kiloliter
5. In his first overseas trip as pontiff, Pope Francis has been received by jubilant crowds. Where is he?
Check your work
To check your answers and find out last week’s winners, see Page B3.