Here are five places that offer space and services for your clan
1. Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Orlando Fla. As many as six can comfortably stay in themed suites at this fanciful Disney resort. Your crew will be immersed in decor featuring favorites like “Finding Nemo,” “Cars” and “The Little Mermaid.” The suites include a bedroom with a double bed, a table that cleverly transforms into a double bed and a double sleeper sofa. A kitchenette and two bathrooms add to the family appeal. “Finding Nemo” fans will appreciate the expansive pool with underwater speakers.
Contact: (407) 938-7000; disneyworld.disney.go.com/ resorts/art-of-animation-resort
2. Residence Inn by Marriott. Check into a two-bedroom suite that also includes a pullout sofa, and six people can rest comfortably. A full kitchen, plus free hot breakfast each day, means families can cook or head downstairs as the day gets underway. A grocery delivery service and Wi-Fi are also complimentary. The chain is celebrating moms throughout the month of May with giveaway promotions on its Facebook page. Pets are welcome.
Contact: (800) 331-3131; residenceinn.com
3. Omni Kids’ Fantasy Suites. Families checking into some Omni hotels will enjoy accommodations that provide extra space as well as colorful decor, toys, games and other amenities designed for young travelers. For example, the Omni Mount Washington Resort has a 1,250-square-foot environment that includes a master suite as well as two separate children’s rooms. In Boston, the Freedom Trail suite includes a children’s sleeping nook with Colonial-style costumes to inspire historical play. Ask and the kids will receive a milk-and-cookies delivery before bedtime.
Contact: (800) 843-6664; omnihotels.com
4. Homewood Suites by Hilton. With more than 300 hotels to choose from, families can check into one- or two-bedroom suites, some of which sleep up to eight. Expect a full complimentary breakfast, free Wi-Fi, an onsite convenience store and free grocery shopping services. If your packing strategy was flawed, not to worry. Laundry services are available at most locations. Current and retired military families receive a 15 percent discount.
Contact: (800) 445-8667; homewoodsuites.com
5. Fisher Price Family Suites, Riviera Maya, Mexico. The Karisma seaside resorts offer oversize suites developed in partnership with Fisher-Price toys. A private, queen-size bed is separated by a sliding door from a sleeping area for the kids that includes a double and single sofa bed. Take advantage of a toy lending library plus games targeted to specific interests (music, space) and age groups. Leave your kiddie gear at home; the resort makes available everything from cribs to bottle warmers.
Contact: (888) 280-8810; karismahotels.com
sponsored According to two 2015 surveys, 62 percent of Americans do not have enough savings to handle an unexpected emergency, much less any long-term plans.