June 2, 2013 in City
That’s NEWS to You quiz
If you paid attention to the news last week – and maybe even if you didn’t – you could be a winner in our weekly news quiz. Try your hand at these questions, then go to www.spokesman.com/newsquiz for our interactive quiz, where top entries go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets.
1. A group of former students from Gonzaga Prep have been playing what kids’ game for the last 23 years?
2. The Kootenai County Sheriff’s Office may drop its affiliation with the Boy Scouts because
A. Budget cuts threaten funding.
B. Boy Scouts agreed to allow openly gay scouts.
C. Several scouts were smoking marijuana on a recent campout.
D. Membership is declining.
E. There aren’t enough deputies available to help out.
3. A Pierce County man was arrested after he allegedly put his 6-week-old baby in what?
A. A hot tub
B. A car without an infant’s seat
C. A freezer
D. A microwave
E. A kayak
4. Managers of Spokane’s Veterans Memorial Arena briefly renamed it to include the name of what rock band?
A. Bon Jovi
B. Beach Boys
C. Rolling Stones
D. Van Halen
E. Can’t fool me. The Public Facilities District would never rename the arena, even temporarily, for fear of slighting Spokane’s veteran community.
5. Tony Kanaan won the Indianapolis 500 race on his 11th try. What country is he from?
B. Great Britain
E. United States
Check your work
For answers and last week’s winners, turn to pageB3.