Have an item for Business Beat? Send it to businessbeat@ spokesman.com.
• Terri Alvarado and Chris Morlan have been elected to the Spokane Teachers Credit Union board of directors. Alvarado is the president of TMA Business Consulting Services LLC. Morlan is the owner of Christopher Morlan Architecture. He serves as head coach for Spokane Distance Project and board secretary for the Spokane chapter of the American Institute of Architects.
• Numerica Credit Union has promoted Mistie Beasley to branch manager for the U-City branch. She has 14 years of experience in the banking industry, including 13 years with Numerica. Julie Kuhlmann, a sales associate/representative with Coldwell Banker Tomlinson, has been honored with membership in the company’s International Sterling Society. Coldwell Banker awards the top 14 percent of sales associates/representatives worldwide with membership.
• Bob Beck has joined AmericanWest Bank as vice president and business development officer specializing in small business lending. Beck has over 36 years of lending and small business experience.
• J.D. Allen and Alexis Hallett have joined the Spokane office of McAdams Wright Ragen, Inc. Allen will be joining the investment firm as a senior vice president and Hallet as a registered sales assistant. Previously, Allen and Hallett were both with Partners Investment Network, Inc.
The Washington State Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics has named Kathy Dirks, a clinical dietitian at Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center, as Washington’s Outstanding Dietitian of the Year for 2013. This is the highest honor given by the academy.
Dean Feldmeier has been promoted from senior director of brand performance support to senior director of brand sales for Hilton Hotels. In addition to his extensive sales experience, Feldmeier has also held general manager positions at Hilton and DoubleTree by Hilton hotels in Anaheim, Santa Barbara and Spokane.
Leslie Weatherhead has joined the firm and litigation practice group of Lee & Hayes, PLLC. Weatherhead has over 30 years of experience in litigation, which includes commercial, securities and environmental cases in the federal, state and appellate courts. Previously, he was a partner with the Witherspoon Kelley firm.
• Mark Silver, the owner of Spokane Cleaning Authority, earned the Merit of Excellence award for 2012. This award is given to the top Cleaning Authority franchises in the nation and recognizes excellent sales and customer satisfaction. The Spokane Cleaning Authority has been recognized for eight consecutive years.
• Tinderbox Consulting LLC , founded by Josh King, will specialize in consultation services to help small business owners. For more information on Tinderbox Consulting, please contact josh@tinderbox consultant.com.
• Richard Dalke has opened Deerhawk Enterprises, LLC. This business provides voice-over recording and editing for commercials, narrations, audio books, corporate training scripts and more. For further information on this new business, visit www.deerhawk voiceover.com.
The Spokane Association of Realtors announced the following 2013 award winners: Joe Mann won the Steve Flinn Realtor Achievement Award; Arne Woodard won the Realtor Community Service Award; Representative Kevin Parker won Citizen of the Year; Marilyn Amato won Realtor of the Year; Mark Peterson won Partner of the Year; and Rachel Hicks won Affiliate of the Year.
Rob Heskett has been promoted to general manager of System Transport, Inc. Heskett has been with the company since 1999 and most recently served as the director of sales and pricing.
Nonconference Men's Basketball Gonzaga Bulldogs (20-5) at No. 16 SMU Mustangs (20-3) Saturday, Feb. 13, 7 p.m. | Moody Coliseum, Dallas Watch: TV: ESPN2, Online: WatchESPN.com Outlook: Gonzaga has chance ...
jbOLYMPIA – To much of the public, the Legislature is either a place of high-minded policy debates or a refuge for political hacks doing the bidding of their donors. Few ...
She did it again. Ruth Berning, that goddess of everything that is considered fit to be consumed by the humble masses at Adult Day Health, has once again unknowingly invaded ...
A reader questioned my use of the latter in today's Slice. I'll write him back. But I don't think there is anything I can add to the exhaustive back-and-forth on ...