Sports


Bolt laughs off loss

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 12, 2013

Sprinter Usain Bolt has laughed off suggestions he may be “past it” and says he is looking forward to defending his world titles at 100 and 200 meters. Bolt will run the 200 meters at the Bislett Games on Thursday. He also says he has his “eye on the prize” of the worlds in Moscow in August. Bolt is coming off a rare loss in the 100 meters last week in Rome. He lost by one-hundredth of a second to American sprinter Justin Gatlin. It marked the Jamaican’s first significant international loss since the false-start disqualification at the worlds in South Korea in 2011. Bolt also points out he lost one race in 2008 and went on to win the Olympics that year. – AP


 

Click here to comment on this story »