Spokane Public Schools recently honored outstanding volunteers for the 2012-13 year. The recipients were chosen from among about 13,000 volunteers.
The honorees are:
• Julia Roberts , a volunteer in the health room at Logan Elementary School.
• Doug Flegel , who volunteers at Adams and Holmes elementary schools, helping students with math.
• Roman Jones , who volunteers at Adams Elementary School every day, tutoring students in math and reading.
• Tracy Kerr , who is the school organizer at Balboa Elementary, including book fairs, school bulletin boards and the school’s check-out system.
• Mark and Claudia Anderson, Rogers High School volunteers, who give their time chaperoning, supervising and organizing.
• Sylvia Quinn , who helps with vision screening, health and fitness testing, the book fair and fundraising at Hamblen Elementary.
• Mary Hirschkorn , who helps with plays, tutoring, fundraising and book fairs at Woodridge Elementary.
• Lisa and Mike Fairburn, who help Willard Elementary students with a number of needs and organized holiday help for students’ families, providing for Thanksgiving and Christmas needs.
• The Chase Middle School Parent Teacher Group, consisting of Jacky Herrington, Nan Livingston, Margo Costa, Linda Chen, Beth Vogt and Lisa Holmes, all worked to put on student events including math night, a harvest fair, literacy night, student socials and vision screening. Herrington also had an electronic readerboard donated to Chase.
School officials take questions on KSPS
Ask questions about Spokane Public Schools this evening during “Educating Spokane” at 7 p.m. on KSPS channel 7.
The public schools Superintendent Shelley Redinger, board President Bob Douthitt and director Sue Chapin will be available to answer questions and respond to comments from the public.
Text or call (509) 354-7711 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask a question.