That’s News to you answers
Here are the answers to this week’s newspaper edition of That’s News to You.
1. A. Three rabid bats have been found in Coeur d’Alene this spring, which is a high number so soon after the animals emerge from hibernation.
2. D. The city will be testing new parking meters that “zero out” any time on the meter when one car leaves the space and automatically notify enforcement after a five-minute grace period.
3. C. The pope blessed bikers and their Harleys who had descended on Rome to celebrate the 110th anniversary of the manufacturer. Earlier in the week, Harley-Davidson had given the pope two motorcycles for the Vatican police force. There was a gay pride parade in Rome that weekend, too, but no blessing.
4. E. The WSP put a special emphasis on illegal cellphone use during its annual “Click it or Ticket” crackdown and wrote almost 50 percent more tickets to drivers who were texting or talking on the phone without using a hands-free device.
5. B. The Heat beat the Spurs 95-88 in Game 7 of the NBA Finals, giving them the title two years in a row.
On the Web: Now that you’ve warmed up your news sense, try our online interactive version of the quiz at www.spokesman.com/ newsquiz. Top entries in the online version go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets. To give our newspaper readers a leg up, some of these questions also appear in the online quiz.
Last week’s winners are Tiffany Forland, of Spokane, who won the Davenport gift card, and Marc Anthony, of Spokane, who won movie tickets.