That’s NEWS to You quiz
If you followed the news last week – or even if you didn’t – you could be a winner of our weekly quiz.
Test out your news memory here, then go online for the interactive version of That’s News to You at www.spokesman. com/newsquiz. Top entries in the online quiz are entered in a weekly drawing for a gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets.
1. North Idaho officials said they have found an unusually high number of cases of rabies in
E. Can’t fool me. None of those animals carries rabies.
2. Some city officials feel what new idea the city is considering is a bit like “Big Brother”?
A. New water meters
B. Video cameras on police uniforms
C. Surveillance cameras in Riverfront Park
D. New parking meters
E. New rules for demonstrations and protests
3. Pope Francis blessed something in St. Peter’s Square last weekend that surprised some people. What was it?
A. Pet snakes and lizards that children brought to Mass
B. The Italian Army’s newest tanks
C. Bikers and their Harleys
D. Members of a gay pride parade
E. Can’t fool me. None of those is true.
4. From May 20 through June 2, Washington state troopers wrote more than 1,400 tickets to drivers for
A. Not wearing seat belts
B. Driving under the influence of marijuana
C. Violating air pollution standards
D. Running red lights
E. Using a cellphone
5. What team won the NBA Finals last week?
A. Los Angeles Lakers
B. Miami Heat
C. New York Knicks
D. San Antonio Spurs
E. Utah Jazz
Check your work
For answers and additional information, go to page B3.