Have an item for Business Beat? Send it to businessbeat@ spokesman.com.
The Whitworth University board of trustees has elected Terri Wilson and Nick Fowler to the board. Wilson is the former vice president of operations at Spokane Teachers Credit Union and received the 2010 Power Woman of the Year award from the Spokane Valley Chamber of Commerce. Fowler is chairman and CEO of Northwest Medical Isotopes. He is also owner of Orion Ventures, LLC, and founder and CEO of TryEco, LLC.
Business Cents, a company offering training and consulting in bookkeeping, payroll and QuickBooks, has moved. The new office is in the Rock Point Tower at 326 W. Boone Ave., Suite 590. For more information, visit www.mybusinesscents .com.
• Intermountain Community Bank, operating as Panhandle State Bank in North Idaho, has named Kelly Glenn as vice president of commercial banking at its downtown Spokane branch. Previously, Glenn worked in commercial banking at the ICB/Panhandle State Bank headquarters in Sandpoint.
Ann Stuckart, a licensed independent clinical social worker, has gone into private practice in the Medical Center Building on the Providence Sacred Heart campus. Previously, Stuckart was with Frontier Behavioral Health. She has extensive experience in working with children, adolescents and families with depression, anxiety, trauma and self-harm behaviors. Her office can be reached at (509) 838-8168.
• The Inland Northwest Blood Center has hired Sandra King, Jennifer Tollefson and Rowena Peters as donor recruitment coordinators; Noreen Johnson as a donor relations specialist; Jennifer Hawkins as a donor recruitment manager; and Richard Blumenauer as the hospital accounts manager. Previously, King was with the North Idaho Business Journal, Tollefson was with American Fidelity, Peters was with INBC’s finance department, and Johnson was a donor care specialist at INBC’s Coeur d’Alene location. For the past 10 years, Hawkins owned and operated the Sylvan Learning Centers of North Idaho. Blumenauer has extensive health care experience and will ensure the blood needs of 35 local hospitals are being met in his new role.
Jenae Ball has become a principal of the firm of Randall|Danskin, P.S. She is licensed to practice in Idaho and Washington and specializes in labor and employment law. Previously, Ball was with K&L Gates and Paine Hamblen.
• Casey Lund has joined the firm of Campbell & Bissell, PLLC. The firm specializes in civil litigation and consultation.
• Super Lawyers magazine has named the following Winston & Cashatt principals as 2013 Super Lawyers: Carl E. Hueber, C. Matthew Andersen and Kevin J. Curtis. The 2013 Rising Stars were Elizabeth A. Tellessen, Dave P. Gardner and Kammi Mencke Smith. The list of top attorneys in Washington is based on peer recognition and professional accomplishment.
Range Inc. has hired Patrick Fanning as a senior designer on the firm’s Coeur d’Alene team. Previously, Fanning was with Signal Point Advertising.
• Quisenberry recently won third prize in the Print & Digital Sale category of the International News Media Association Awards in New York City. The company also received two Silver Telly Awards, the highest honor, and a Bronze Telly Award at the 34th annual Telly Awards.
Jubilant HollisterStier has hired Kirt Walker as director of human resources. Walker has 17 years of experience and previously worked as human resources director for a pharmaceutical company based in Pennsylvania and Virginia.
• Susan Thorpe and Barbara Nolan with the Coeur d’Alene Library received the Edward Ziggler Innovation Award for their work with Read to Me’s My First Books program and Head Start. The award is given to those who have strived to create high impact services for children and their families. Thorpe and Nolan have distributed free books and read to more than 170 children in the local Head Start program. Thorpe is youth services supervisor and Nolan is outreach coordinator at the library.
Sound Telecom has hired Scott Walker as sales account executive. Walker has more than 11 years of professional sales and sales management experience.