If you paid attention to the news last week, or even if you didn’t, you could be a winner in our news quiz.
Try your hand at the newspaper edition of That’s News to You, then go online to spokesman.com/ newsquiz, where top entries go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets.
1. Hoopfest is the world’s largest 3-on-3 basketball competition. About how many teams signed up for Hoopfest this year?
2. Spokane has experienced rising crime, particularly property crime, in recent years. What are the odds that a Spokane resident was the victim of some kind of crime last year?
A. 1 in 5
B. 1 in 8
C. 1 in 11
D. 1 in 14
E. 1 in 18
3. The Coeur d’Alene Ironman triathlon involves all of the following except
A. Running a marathon
B. Kayaking 17 miles
C. Bicycling 112 miles
D. Swimming 2.4 miles
4. A tree from the Colville National Forest will be the Christmas tree at the U.S. Capitol this year. What kind of tree will it be?
A. Douglas fir
B. Grand fir
C. Ponderosa pine
D. Engelmann spruce
E. Can’t fool me. They wouldn’t ship a tree from the Colville forest all the way to Washington, D.C.
5. What team won hockey’s Stanley Cup last week?
A. Boston Bruins
B. Chicago Blackhawks
C. Detroit Redwings
D. Los Angeles Kings
E. San Jose Sharks
Check your work
For answers and last week’s winners, go to page B7.
Click here to comment on this story »