Mom, grandma rescue baby falling from window
A toddler who fell out a second-story window this afternoon was saved, first by his mother grabbing his foot and then by his grandmother, who caught him from below.
Spokane police Detective Doug Orr said the 14-month-old child, who neighbors said is a boy, was jumping on a bed near the window when he fell.
His mother, who had just come out of the shower, lunged to grab him and caught him on his shoe, Orr said, but continued to fall out the window herself.
“She’s trying to hold herself into the window while she’s dangling with the child,” Orr said.
The grandmother, who happened to be outside smoking a cigarette, was able to catch the child and landed with him in the bushes outside the home in the 2400 block of North Lincoln Street.
The mother fell all the way out the window and onto the ground below.
Orr said all three were taken to a local hospital but none of them suffered life-threatening injuries.
Their names were not available Friday afternoon.