Arrow-right Camera


In brief: Fake Zags ticket leads to arrest

Sun., March 3, 2013

A Spokane man suspected of selling forged tickets to Gonzaga University basketball games was arrested Saturday evening.

A woman contacted Spokane police and told them she had bought on Craigslist what turned out to be a fraudulent ticket to Saturday’s game, Detective Doug Orr said in a news release.

Officers investigating the report found evidence that Nathan Hedrick, 23, had printed false tickets using the computers in the common area at his apartment complex on the 3200 block of East 44th Avenue, Orr said. Hedrick was arrested and booked on one count of forgery.

Police believe Hedrick has been selling fake tickets on Craigslist since Feb. 20. The investigation is ongoing, Orr said.

$3 million sought after K-9 attack

TACOMA – A Tacoma man is seeking $3 million from the city of Lakewood for injuries he says he suffered during a police dog attack in 2011.

Charles Boyles, 27, alleges in a tort claim filed Wednesday that the dog attacked him without provocation. He said the attack happened around 2:40 a.m. on May 7 near a vacant field.

The claim says officers were looking for a suspect in the area. A police dog named Astor plowed ahead in vegetation and grabbed hold of Boyles. The dog let him go after officers saw he was not the suspect.

Boyles claims long-term damage to his arm.

Police return, find woman dead

PORTLAND – Portland police were warned early Saturday morning that a man had sent a worrying email to a friend out of state. Hours later, police returned to the home and found a woman dead inside.

A man inside the home, who suffered a non-life-threatening injury, was arrested. Their identities have not been released.

Portland officers first arrived on scene at about 5:40 a.m., after an out-of-state caller reported the concerning email. The caller believed the man inside the home was considering suicide.

But police were unable to rouse anyone inside the house, despite multiple attempts, and they left without making contact.

Two hours later, at about 7:30 a.m., the injured 56-year-old man called 911 from inside the house.

Police found the 52-year-old woman dead inside.


Click here to comment on this story »