Here are the answers to this week’s quiz.
1. A. A crew of three perished on the EA-6B Prowler that crashed near Harrington, Wash., on Monday morning. The twin-engine aircraft was based at Naval Air Base Whidbey Island in Western Washington.
2. D. Reed grew up in Coeur d’Alene with his mother, a former Idaho Democratic state senator. He’s been the chief of staff for Vice President Joe Biden since 2011 and has been credited by White House officials for steering Biden away from political pitfalls, reports said.
3. B. President Dwight Eisenhower ordered a skeet shooting range to be built at the presidential retreat during the 1950s. The range allows a shooter to aim at clay disks thrown in the air. The range was refurbished during George W. Bush’s presidency by the National Shooting Sports Foundation.
4. B. “Swiss Psalm,” Switzerland’s national anthem, made the pregame agenda along with the Canadian and American national anthems in honor of recently acquired player Alessio Bertaggia.
5. A. The Catholic church, school and convent Mount St. Michael is classified as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center. The Catholic group, located north of Hillyard, has made the list since 2006 for accusations of anti-Semitism.
On the Web: Now that you’ve warmed up your news sense, go to spokesman.com/ newsquiz, where you could win a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel or two movie tickets.
Last week’s winners: Spokesman.com user BWeiskopf won the Davenport gift card. Spokesman.com user BotanyBob won movie tickets.
Click here to comment on this story »