That’s NEWS to You quiz
If you kept up with the news last week – or even if you didn’t – you could be a winner in our weekly news quiz. Test your memory with our newspaper version, then go online to spokesman.com/ newsquiz to take the interactive quiz. Top entries in the online quiz go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for two movie tickets.
1. What type of U.S. Navy aircraft crashed near Harrington, Wash., on Monday morning?
A. EA-6B Prowler
B. F-14 Tomcat
C. F-22 Raptor
D. F-15 Eagle
2. Where did Bruce Reed, Vice President Joe Biden’s chief of staff, grow up?
D. Coeur d’Alene
3. With what kind of sports range is the presidential retreat Camp David equipped?
C. Disc golf
4. How did the Spokane Chiefs honor Swiss player Alessio Bertaggia at a March 8 game against the Everett Silvertips?
A. The team gave Bertaggia a napkin award.
B. Switzerland’s national anthem was performed.
C. The team started a fight.
D. The players stitched Swiss flags on their uniforms.
5. What group with a Spokane chapter has been on a hate group watchdog list since 2006?
A. Mount St. Michael
B. Society of Jesus
D. The International Order of Friendly Sons and Daughters of the Marmots
Check your work
Find the answers, explanations and last week’s winners on page B3.