Here are the answers to this week’s quiz.
1. B. Knezovich said the number of people being re-arrested for new crimes has been declining as a result of drug and alcohol therapy, moral recognition therapy and a program for re-entering the community.
2. C. The 12th-seeded Gonzaga women’s team played No. 5 seed Iowa State on Saturday, losing 72-60 at McCarthey Athletic Center in Spokane.
3. A. Kendamas, ball-and-cup toys originally from Japan, are a hot item at toy stores across the region as children play with them at recess and in after-school clubs.
4. C. Assistant U.S. Attorney Sean McLaughlin detailed an audio recording made last year in which Jeffreys claimed he sold an airplane to a Mexican drug lord, who flew to Spokane with $750,000 cash in a coffee bag.
5. A. Nonini said he picked out his darkest suit to wear for Thursday’s vote. “I believe this is a dark day for Idaho,” he told the Senate during the debate over the bill to establish a health insurance-buying website in accordance with the federal Affordable Care Act.
On the Web: Now that you’ve warmed up your news sense, go to spokesman.com/newsquiz, where you could win a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel or two movie tickets.
Last week’s winners: Carleen Wickstrom, of Spokane, won the Davenport gift card. John Owen, of Spokane Valley, won movie tickets.
Click here to comment on this story »