If you kept up with the news last week – or even if you didn’t – you could be a winner in our weekly news quiz. Test your memory with our newspaper version, then go online to spokesman.com/ newsquiz to take the interactive quiz. Top entries in the online quiz go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for two movie tickets.
1. What is one way the Spokane County Jail saved about $1 million from their 2012 budget, according to Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich?
A. Hours reductions for corrections deputies
B. Drug and alcohol therapy
C. Cooking meals for inmates with locally grown vegetables
D. Arresting fewer people
2. What seed was Gonzaga University’s women’s basketball team in the NCAA Division I tournament?
3. What club is becoming a popular activity among students at Finch Elementary School?
B. Hacky Sack
D. Disc golf
4. What did Greg Jeffreys, a Spokane real estate developer, claim to have sold to a Mexican drug lord for $750,000?
A. A sports car
B. A helicopter
C. An airplane
D. A boat
5. Which North Idaho senator did not vote for Gov. Butch Otter’s state health insurance exchange bill, which passed on a 23-12 vote?
A. Bob Nonini, R-Coeur d’Alene
B. John Goedde, R-Coeur d’Alene
C. Dan Schmidt, D-Moscow
D. Shawn Keough, R-Sandpoint
Check your work
Find the answers, explanations and last week’s winners on page B7.