That’s NEWS to You quiz
If you kept up with the news last week – or even if you didn’t – you could be a winner in our weekly news quiz. Test your memory with our newspaper version, then go online to spokesman.com/ newsquiz to take the interactive quiz. Top entries in the online quiz go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for two movie tickets.
1. At what bar did a robber tie up the manager on Wednesday before stealing money?
A. Moezy Inn Tavern
B. Park Inn
C. Poppy’s Tavern
D. Checkerboard Tavern
2. Chief Garry Park neighborhood officials believe the recent shooting of a car thief is:
A. A sign of serious crime problems in the neighborhood
C. A travesty
D. Can’t fool me: They declined to comment.
3. Bonners Ferry schools have had nine false bomb threats since October. What are they doing to crack down on the threats?
A. Placing video cameras outside the bathrooms.
B. Placing hall monitors outside the bathrooms.
C. Requiring students to log bathroom use.
D. All of the above.
4. The faculty athletic representative of the University of Southern Mississippi used to play basketball for what local high school?
A. Central Valley High School
B. East Valley High School
C. Mead High School
D. Ferris High School
5. Why is the Ellis Island Immigration Museum in New York City closed for the year?
A. They’re installing a new security system.
B. Storm flooding destroyed infrastructure.
C. Dozens of immigration artifacts were stolen.
D. Federal sequestration.
Check your work
Find the answers, explanations and last week’s winners on page B3.