May 5, 2013 in City
That’s NEWS to You quiz
If you kept up with the news last week – or even if you didn’t – you could be a winner in our weekly news quiz. Test your memory with our newspaper version, then go online to spokesman.com/ newsquiz to take the interactive quiz. Top entries go into a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for two movie tickets.
1. What did a private study commissioned by the Spokane Tribe say about a proposed casino and resort in Airway Heights?
A. Fairchild Air Force Base will need to move its runways.
B. Fairchild will have no problem during training flights.
C. A new casino in Spokane County will not be profitable.
D. A new casino in Spokane County will distract Fairchild airmen.
2. What poem did a Mead High School senior read to win first place at a national poetry recitation contest?
A. Kenneth Rexroth’s “The Bad Old Days”
B. William Butler Yeats’ “An Irish Airman Foresees His Death”
C. Shel Silverstein’s “Where the Sidewalk Ends”
D. Octavio Paz’s “Los Novios”
3. Why has the movie “Knights of Badassdom,” filmed in Spokane, not been released yet?
A. The movie was never completed and sits on a hard drive in pieces.
B. Somebody accidentally deleted all the footage.
C. Producers and the director can’t agree on the final edit of the movie.
D. An actor is suing the filmmakers for not paying him.
4. A professional athlete in what sport recently came out as gay?
5. What local high-profile defendant did the defense attorney for Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev once represent?
A. Former Spokane police Officer Karl F. Thompson Jr.
B. Child-killer Joseph Duncan
C. Serial killer Robert Yates
D. Rapist Kevin Coe
Check your work
Find the answers, explanations and last week’s winners on page B7.