If you kept up with the news last week – or even if you didn’t – you could be a winner in our weekly news quiz. Test your memory with our newspaper version, then go online to spokesman.com/ newsquiz to take the interactive quiz. Top entries go into a drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries go into a drawing for two movie tickets.
1. What’s delaying the restoration of a 1950 Mercury at a Post Falls car restoration shop?
A. The car is coated with toxic lead paint.
B. The car may have connections to someone famous.
C. The car was featured in a 1956 movie.
D. The car was stolen and left at the shop last week.
2. What movie did a B-17 Flying Fortress that visited Spokane last week appear in?
A. “Tora! Tora! Tora!”
B. “Memphis Belle”
D. “Dr. Strangelove”
3. What chemical did an “organized band of desperadoes” use to break into a retail safe a century ago, according to Spokesman-Review archives?
B. Ammonium nitrate
C. Silver nitride
D. Potassium picrate
4. What designation has Idaho Gov. Butch Otter NOT proclaimed for the month of May?
A. Mental Health Month
B. Second Amendment Protection Month
C. Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month
D. Flooding Prevention Month
5. WSU alumnus Klay Thompson led scoring in a Golden State Warriors win over the San Antonio Spurs in the NBA playoffs on Wednesday. How many years had it been since the Warriors had won in San Antonio?
Check your work
Find answers, explanations and last week’s winners on Page B3.
sponsored Jargon is confusing, by definition. And the financial world has its own set of cryptic words.