May 19, 2013 in City
That’s NEWS to You quiz
If you kept up with the news last week – or even if you didn’t – you could be a winner in our weekly news quiz. Test your memory with our newspaper version, then go online to spokesman.com/ newsquiz to take the interactive quiz. Top entries go into a drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries go into a drawing for two movie tickets.
1. Under the proposed rules for selling marijuana legally in Washington state, a store selling the drug would have to be how far away from a school or playground?
A. 100 feet
B. 500 feet
C. 1,000 feet
D. Can’t fool me. There’s no distance requirement; the rules just say minors aren’t allowed in the stores.
2. What ancient artifact did road construction workers recently destroy in Belize?
A. An Aztec palace
B. A tablet with 5,000-year-old human-produced symbols
C. A Mayan pyramid
D. The grave of Montezuma
3. What major changes are administrators proposing for the Coeur d’Alene School District teachers’ contract?
A. Cutting employees’ share of health care premiums but also cutting salaries.
B. Establishing health savings accounts and slashing insurance benefits.
C. Tripling class sizes but having two teachers in each classroom.
D. Can’t fool me. They’re offering essentially the same contract teachers have had for the last five years.
4. International soccer star David Beckham has won titles in all of the following countries except:
B. The United States
D. South Africa
5. With what federal agency is the Washington Department of Social and Health Services entering into a data-sharing agreement to detect food-stamp fraud?
A. The Department of Health and Human Services
B. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
C. The Department of Homeland Security
D. The Department of Agriculture
Check your work
Find answers, explanations and last week’s winners on Page B7.