Several local residents have graduated from basic military training at Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas.
• Air National Guard Airman Joseph McCollum is a 2009 graduate of West Valley High School and the son of Steve McCollum of Spokane.
• Air Force Airman 1st Class Gannon Patton graduated from Lewis and Clark High School in 2009 and is the son of Stacy Reynolds of Niceville, Fla.
• Air National Guard Airman Kyle Doneen is the son of Neil Doneen and Marie Doneen, both of Spokane, and is a 2012 graduate of Lewis and Clark High School.
• Air National Guard Airman Sean Frucci is a 2012 graduate of East Valley High School and is the son of Katie Frucci of Spokane Valley.
Three area residents have graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson. Columbia, S.C.
• Army Pvt. Miranda Dunham is the daughter of Kevin Dunham, of Spokane, and April and Elmer Buroker, of Hamilton, Mont. Dunham graduated from Corvallis High School in Montana, in 2012.
• Army National Guard Pfc. Jonathan Beavers is a 2012 graduate of University High School and the grandson of Linda and Robert McLean of Spokane Valley.
• Army Pvt. Devon Flock graduated from Pullman High School in 2012. He the son of Marie Flock of Pullman, and Jim Flock of Spokane.
• Army Cadet Emily Marszalek recently received the George C. Marshall Award. The award is given to the most outstanding senior Army ROTC cadets. Marszalek is the daughter of Tom and Therese Marszalek, of Deer Park, and a 2009 graduate of Shadle Park High School.
• Kirsten McNeil, Foreign Affairs Specialist, U.S. Export Enforcement Support, Office of Nonproliferation and International Security, has received the 2012 Linton Brooks Medal for Dedication to Public Service. The award recognizes individuals who exemplify exceptional public service commitment. She is the daughter of Steve and Beth Shafer, both of Spokane.
• Army National Guard Pvt. Bradley McBee has graduated from basic infantry training at Fort Benning, Columbus, Ga. He is the son of Ted McBee of Spokane, and Deanna McBee of Loon Lake, Wash.
sponsored You’ve probably heard of co-ops: food co-ops, childcare co-ops, housing co-ops, energy co-ops.