If you followed the news last week – or even if you didn’t – you might do well in this week’s edition of That’s News to You.
Try your hand at the newspaper version of the test, then go online at www.spokesman.com/newsquiz to try our interactive version, where top entries will go into a drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries go into a drawing for movie tickets.
1. Law enforcement officials arrested a suspect in the case of a poison mailed to a federal judge and a local post office. What poison?
2. Last weekend’s Lilac Parade marked a big anniversary for the annual event. Which anniversary?
3. The Spokane City Council voted 7-0 last week to place charter changes from Envision Spokane and Spokane Moves to Amend the Constitution on the November ballot. How many of the council members support the two amendments?
E. Can’t fool me. None of them supports the amendments. They said they support letting citizens have a chance to vote.
4. Fairchild Air Force Base lost the bid to be the first home to the KC-46A to what other base?
A. McConnell AFB
B. McChord AFB
C. MacDill AFB
D. Maxwell AFB
E. Malmstrom AFB
5. After winning their first series in Yankee Stadium since 2010, the Seattle Mariners went to Cleveland for a four-game series where they
A. Won all four
B. Won three of four
C. Split 2 and 2
D. Won one of four
E. Lost all four
Check your work
To see answers, explanations and last week’s winners, go to Page B3.