Here are the answers to the newspaper version of this week’s That’s News to You quiz:
1. E. VanVoorhis designed a park with a heart-shaped area of trees about two years ago when she was 7, then worked to convince Spokane officials it was a good idea. The trees were planted recently in Friendship Park in north Spokane.
2. B. Both states have applied to the FAA to be test sites to develop commercial uses for drones.
3. A. C-SPAN will feature Coeur d’Alene’s history and literary life as part of its 2013 Cities Tour.
4. C. Foley was first elected in 1964 and re-elected every two years until 1994.
5. C. Boston beat St. Louis 4 games to 2.
On the Web: Now that your news sense is warmed up, why not try to win one of the prizes in our online version of That’s News to You? Go online to spokesman.com/newsquiz and take the interactive quiz. Top entries will go into our weekly drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel, and all entries this week go into a drawing for movie tickets. To give our newspaper readers an edge, some of these questions also appear in the online version.
Last week’s winners are Dave Overman, of Cheney, who won the Davenport gift card, and Simon Palmer, of Hayden, who won movie tickets.