If you followed the news last week, or even if you didn’t, you could be a winner in our quiz.
Try your hand at the newspaper edition, then go online to www.spokesman.com/newsquiz for the interactive version, where top entries go into a drawing for a $50 gift card to the Davenport Hotel and all entries go into a drawing for movie tickets.
1. Spokane youngster Holly VanVoorhis designed a park that has trees planted in the shape of a
2. Washington and Idaho are both trying to land test sites to develop
A. Fusion nuclear reactors
B. Unmanned aircraft
C. Electricity from recycled garbage
D. Steam-powered automobiles
E. Genetically engineered salmon
3. What cable television network is planning to feature Coeur d’Alene next month?
B. National Geographic
4. The late Tom Foley, the former House speaker, was the congressman from Eastern Washington’s 5th District for how many years?
5. The Boston Red Sox won the World Series in how many games?
E. Can’t fool me. St. Louis won the series.
Check your work
Find answers, explanations and last week’s winners on page B7.
sponsored According to two 2015 surveys, 62 percent of Americans do not have enough savings to handle an unexpected emergency, much less any long-term plans.