Jameis Winston threw for 325 yards and No. 3 Florida State rolled to a 41-14 victory against No. 7 Miami in Tallahassee, Fla., in another matchup of undefeated Atlantic Coast Conference rivals that turned into a Seminoles blowout.
Winston threw two interceptions in the first half after throwing four in the first seven games, but the Florida State (8-0, 6-0) defense shut out the Hurricanes (7-1, 3-1) in the second half after it was 21-14 at the half.
It was reported that Miami running back Duke Johnson broke his right ankle and will miss the remainder of the season,
(4) Ohio State 56, Purdue 0: Braxton Miller threw for 233 yards and four TDs as the Buckeyes (9-0, 5-0 Big Ten) extended the nation’s longest winning streak to 21 with a win over the Boilermakers (1-7, 0-4) in West Lafayette, Ind.
(8) Auburn 35, Arkansas 17: Tre Mason rushed for 168 yards and four TDs as the Tigers (8-1, 4-1 SEC) earned a win in Fayetteville, Ark.
(9) Clemson 59, Virginia 10: Tajh Boyd threw three TD passes and ran for a score to lead the Tigers (8-1, 6-1 ACC) over the Cavaliers (2-7, 0-5) in Charlottesville, Va.
(10) Missouri 31, Tennessee 3: Maty Mauk threw three TD passes and ran for another, leading the Tigers (8-1, 4-1 SEC) past the Volunteers (4-5, 1-4) in Columbia, Mo.
(12) Texas A&M 57, UTEP 7: Johnny Manziel threw four TD passes and ran for two more scores in less than three quarters to lead the Aggies (7-2, 3-2 SEC) to a win over the Miners (1-7, 0-4 CUSA) in College Station, Texas.
(14) S. Carolina 34, Miss. State 16: Connor Shaw threw four TD passes, Mike Davis ran for 128 yards to move past 1,000 yards this season and the Gamecocks (7-2, 5-2 SEC) beat the visiting Bulldogs (4-4, 1-3).
(18) Oklahoma St. 52, (15) Texas Tech 34: Clint Chelf threw for two TDs and a season-high 211 yards and ran for two more scores to lead the Cowboys (7-1, 4-1 Big 12) past the Red Raiders (7-2, 4-2) in Lubbock, Texas.
(16) Fresno State , Nevada: Derek Carr threw for 487 yards to lead the Bulldogs (8-0, 5-0 Mountain West) over the Wolf Pack (3-6, 2-4) in Fresno, Calif. Carr threw three TD passes and ran for another.
(21) Northern Illinois 63, UMass 19: Jordan Lynch ran for 119 yards and four TDs and threw for another in just over a half to help the Huskies (9-0, 5-0 Mid-American Conference) defeat the Minutemen (1-8, 1-4) in Foxborough, Mass.
(22) Wisconsin 28, Iowa 9: James White ran for 132 yards and a pair of late TDs as the Badgers (6-2, 4-1 Big Ten) beat the Hawkeyes (5-4, 2-3) in Iowa City, Iowa.
(23) Michigan State 29, (24) Michigan 6: Shilique Calhoun, Ed Davis and the rest of the Spartans (8-1, 5-0 Big Ten) defense battered the Wolverines (6-2, 2-2), holding them to minus-48 yards rushing in East Lansing, Mich.
Click here to comment on this story »